See the 8 September 2007 entry for information on subscribing to the RSS feed for this site.
8 September 2007
- This website has been rewritten from scratch, with great care being taken to preserve the links. There is now a cool new search feature as well as the ability to link directly to a song or story.
- This site now has an RSS feed which you can subscribe to. If you don't know what RSS is, here is an excellent article (albeit technical) which describes it. You can subscribe to this feed by clicking the little orange icon on the far right of your web browser's address bar.
31 October 2006
13 May 2006
30 April 2006
27 November 2004
25 September 2003
- Animal Rights
- Battery Hens
- Dancing Bears of India
- Death by Night
- The Fox
- A Memoir of My Mother
- Pig Crates
- The Tiger
- Tom Turkey
- The Voiceless
- Where Is It?
- You Just Don't Care
17 May 2002
31 May 2001
7 January 2001
7 December 2000
17 May 2000
2 April 2000
- Updated the submission guidelines.
1 April 2000
26 March 2000
Lots of new submissions:
- The Hunter's Trophy Bawl
- Paint Her Divine
- Recipe For Servitude In The Circus
- I Saw A Possum Die Last Night
- A Place for the Animals
- They Must Pay
27 December 1999
- New commentary: "Stock" Tip of the Millenia
24 July 1999
13 December 1998
- New songs: Antilullaby, Farmer Boy, Here.
- New poem: For The Animals.
- Tweaked and improved: Fight We Shall, The Greatest Gift, My God Says.
- Updated all MIDI files so that non-musicians can follow the lyrics with the music. MIDI files are now all full-length.
- Added a note about listening to and viewing the sheet music for the songs.
17 January 1998
- Moved this site to Envirolink's server under the organization Animal Rights Counterculture, with a new domain: http://www.animalsong.org.
23 November 1997
16 June 1997
- Listen to Chief Seattle: New Song!
- Added introductory text to this section explaining that people can send me their email address if they wish to be notified whenever the revision notes change (i.e. new songs are added).
8 March 1997
- Osteoporosis: New Song!
- Explicitly set playing parts in all MIDI files (previous versions had parts in the "current" instrument, which caused problems).
- Added HTML lyrics for all songs.
- Changed Companion Animal to 6/8 time to eliminate those annoying triplets.
- Improved presentation: put master song and story list on its own page. Also put revision notes on its own page (this one).
- Added clarification about Adobe? Acrobat Reader on its own page. You need v3.0 or greater (2.x) won't do.
- Updated the invitation for submissions page, making the required information and conditions more explicit.
20 February 1997
- Added Of Mice and Old Men (Richard C. Smith)