Submitting Your Creative Work
The Underlying Philosophy
The songs and stories at this site are not so much intended to be a showcase of the authors' talent. Rather, the aim is to make a dent in the meaningless nonsense that's out there today. This is done by providing material that is freely reproducible while still retaining the authors' rights in order to ensure against unwanted tampering.
You are strongly encouraged to follow suit and that is why you are warmly invited you to submit your original works for inclusion in this site.
Submitting Your Written Works
Submit your written works by sending an .htm(l) document as an attachment to your email message.
Submitting Your Musical Works
If you submit a musical work, please include as much of the following as possible:
- an .htm(l) document with any lyrics
- a MIDI file with the music
- a Postscript file with the sheet music. You can generate a Postscript file from any Windows? application if you have installed a Postscript printer. You can do this via Control Panel/Printers/Add Printer. One such printer is HP Laserjet 4V/4MV. If you install this printer on FILE: (as opposed to LPT1:), you will direct the print output of any program to a text file rather than the printer itself. (That is, you can install this printer even if you really don't have it.) When printing, a little box will pop up asking you for the output filename.
Conditions Regarding All Submissions
Submitting your work by no means surrenders your ownership of the work. However, you must explicitly give the right to include it in this web site.
Animal Rights Counterculture cannot guarantee that it will include your submission. The organization will use its discretion in deciding what to publish. Also remember that the more ready-to-publish your submission is, the more likely its inclusion.
Make sure your submissions have a copyright message similar to this:
Copyright © 1998 by
. All Rights Reserved May be used in unchanged form by avowed Animal Rightists if accompanied by this copyright message.
In the e-mail (or other mail) you send, you must include your full name, full mailing address and e-mail address (if you have one) as well as the following text:
, hereby affirm that this work is/these works are of my own creation. I allow non-profit reproduction and distribution of my work in unabridged, unaltered form by avowed Animal Rightists while retaining my full author's rights. I request that my email address with my submission.
There are no hidden tricks in the above statement - we're just doing this to protect ourselves. Also, if you later decide that you don't want your works displayed here, just drop us a line and we'll comply. What's more, if you discover an alledgely-original work here that really isn't, please send email with a detailed explanation and the work will be removed.
So in summary:
- include a copyright message with your submission which allows distribution of your work in unchanged form
- include an affidavit stating that your work is of your own creation
- provide your full name, full mailing address and email address. (Your mailing address will not be used divulged to anyone or used in any way except in the unlikely event that we run into legal problems because of your submission.)
- indicate whether or not you want your email address published with your work